Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 5 - Leftovers

So, one things I've noticed about this whole adventure is that when you make a big batch of something, you have WAY more leftovers than is reasonable.  I'm all about leftovers, don't get me wrong, but normally I have fewer - first, I've eaten MORE of the item in my initial offering, and then, the second night, I finish it off, or come close!  NOW, however, with watching portions, I find that leftovers are lingering longer (oooooo . . . allitteration!). 

Take last night - I had two more peices of my fabulous lasagna (recipe to be posted soon at http://www.sheddingpoundsrecipes.blogspot.com/)  Still, there were three more peices taunting me!!  Thank god my ex came by with the kids, who had been at the science fair and math night all evening, and who were clearly going to need something to eat once they got back to his place.  The three pieces went off with him.  But today, I had chili for lunch (again).  I love the chili, and I don't mind, but . . . it seems to me I need to be more cautious about HOW MUCH I make of things.  Maybe I need to cut recipes in half? I don't know. Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment