Thursday, April 14, 2011

Splurging, and surprises.

Okay, first off, I totally went overboard last night.  I had a couple of reeses peanut butter cups, then got home and had two cookies.  CRAZY!! I went over my points by just a couple, which, by the way, I NEVER EVER do.  Oh well.  Today is a new day, and I had the 'weekly' points to do it, but still, I dont' think it was a GOOD idea at all.  I'll make up for it tonight, I'm having roasted tomatoes for dinner, and they're only 1 point each.  Even if I put two of them with a cup of brown rice, I'm lookin' at a total of 7 points for dinner.

Next, I left my water bottle at home today.  Talk about a HUGE bummer!  I can drink cups of water at work, but it's really not the same as drinking from a big water bottle.  I may just decide that the bulk of my water intake has to happen tonight.  Besides, that way I won't snack as much once I'm home, right?

Finally, and this is the surprise/good news - I've been totally obsessed about getting on the scale this week.  I think the low loss on Monday kicked me into wanting to check and make sure it was a fluke.  Or more to the point, was the result of water retention due to dehydration from getting stupidly drunk.  Apparently it was, because this morning the scale registered 234.1 pounds - now, granted, that's a MORNING weigh, with NO clothes on (don't try to imagine it, it's NOT a pretty site!), and I know the weight will fluctuate.  In fact, last night it was 235.4, so there's a pound of fluctuation right there.  Still, it was AMAZING to see it that low.  That's the LOWEST I've seen it, even in all of it's fluctuations.  If I get to 234.0 by Monday, I'll have met my first goal of 5%!! and more importantly, I'll have lost a total of 12 (nearly 13) pounds!  To me that's just incredible.  And I DONT feel deprived, or grumpy about this, I've stayed positive, and remain that way now.  It's a little crazy.  Maybe this time, it really WILL work and I WILL stick with it!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment