Monday, April 4, 2011

Costco Pizza - holy mother of . . .

Okay, I'm headed to Costco tonight so my boyfriend can buy himself the patch because well, I DO NOT date smokers.  To be honest, he was trying to quit before he met me.  So, I've been craving Costco food-court pizza ALLLLLL day.  Then I found their nutritional information online and found out that ONE slice is 19 points!  NINETEEN POINTS!!  While I HAVE the points to spare, I'm not sure I NEED 22 or 24, or however-ridiculous-many grams of fat are in that thing!  So, I'm going to make a deal with myself.

I get to buy a slice of pizza (come on, who are we kidding? you didn't think I was going to NOT have the pizza did you?) BUT I'm going to have them cut it in half for me.  If I stop at half, and bring the other half home for TOMORROW (not for a late night snack tonight, and midnight doesn't count as "tomorrow"), then I get to have a skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar (3 points and worth every single one of 'em).  If, however, I choose to eat the entire slice of pizza, then I get NO skinny cow tonight.

I should say that I have 31 points left right now.  I've only eaten 9 today, and I'll probably have ONE more at my meeting, because I'm pretty hungry right now, but I'm resisting.  Generally, I don't deny myself at all - I totally let myself have my 1 point snacks all day long.  Today I've been particularly good, because I KNEW the pizza was going to be really, really bad on the points scale. 

Still, I know WW is about making choices, and not denying yourself - but being conscious of the decisions you make regarding food.  I'm not going to deny myself the pizza, but I AM going to acknowledge that eating the entire slice would put me in a rather "no more food" position.

I'll let you know what I choose - pizza or chocolate.  HMMMmmmmm.. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment