Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5%!

I did it, I hit 5%!  Last night I hopped on my scale at home before going to the meeting, so I knew what the result would be - a total of 12.2 pounds lost, at meeting my 5% goal.  I was extremely happy!  I've worked pretty hard for it - I mean, I've totally changed the way I eat - from WHAT goes in my mouth, to how much of it and how often.  I've still got a LONG, LONG way to go - I want to lose a total of 66 pounds, so 54 to go, but this feels like a VERY solid start! 

I've done WW before, but I have never managed to hit 10% - it always seemed completely unattainable to me, and I always quit before I got there.  The coach would tell me at the beginning that most people reach it around the 12 week mark. . . which is perfectly reasonable . . . I just never had the tenacity to hang on that long.  This time I will!  12 more pounds - that's not that tough, really.  I know it won't come off as quickly as the first 12, but hey, even if it takes another 12 weeks, I know how amazing it would feel to lose that weight, and I WILL do it.

I love feeling motivated and good about what I'm doing.  I know I'm healthier, and my kids are healthier, and generally everything we're doing is better for our bodies than what we did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment