Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1 - IT starts!

Good morning!  Well, day one has started, and without the usual sense of dread or trepedation I feel when embarking on a new dieting adventure!  The key is simply, really - eat less, excersize more - fewer calories in, than out, right?  This shouldn't be hard.  It SHOULDN'T be, and yet, it always is.  We all know the formula, the problem is - damn if I don't LOVE creamy, rich, fabulous, fat-laden foods!  The good news is, I also love yummy fresh vegetables too - and that's why this is the PERFECT time to re-start my weight loss saga!

Unlike the usual dread, this time I feel energized and ready.  Perhaps being in a relationship with an incredibly supportive man has somethign to do with that feeling, or maybe I'm just finally ready to shed this extra weight and re-find myself under the layers of clothes and fat that have covered me up for so long.  Either way, I'm absolutely going to take advantage of it, and get moving!

This morning I got up and made myself ONE scrambled egg - I've really got to get on the ball and make the egg cups I love so much.  They make this whole thing so much easier!  Anyhow, that was breakfast.  2 points and going strong.  I've also had some grapes for a snack - I'll talk about my thoughts on how the new program calculates fruit in another blog!  I did fill a 1.5 gallon water container with pink lemonade flavored water, so I can have easy-access and no excuses.  My hands are dry, so I know I'm getting close to being dangerously dehydrated.  WW will kick my ass on the water thing, too!  Woo-Hoo!

I do love that the new program seems to focus on increasing protein, something I definitely need to do.  I'm excited!  I feel good! I'm not hungry, and I'm ready to take over the world! or at least my own weight! :)

Now for the fun part - the stats!  I'm going to post them here, but weekly I'll also update them in the "about me" frame.

Current Weight: 240 (I heard my scale scream a little when I climbed on board this morning!)
Current Goal Weight: 228 (5% loss)
Total Lost So Far: 0
Days On Plan: 1
Points Per Day: 39
Additional Weekly Points: 49 (but I don't plan on using those!)

Most importantly, Attitude: Positive!
Hunger Level: very low (so far!)

1 comment:

  1. Good job!!! I need to get around to my first post! :)

    ReplyDelete